The immune system is a proteinaceous complex that protects our body from external agents like viruses and bacteria. The immune system of an adult is more than the immune system of old age. As the mutating power of infectious organisms is increasing day by day we need to boost our immunity power by eating healthy foods. But it is difficult to choose the right foods to boost the immune system.
So here is the list of Top 10 foods to increase the immune system of our body.
Also Check : TOP 10 LUXURY HOTELS IN THE WORLD.
- Citrus fruits – Citrus fruits like orange and lemon are said to be the strongest immunity boosters. They contain more quantity of vitamin C that helps in increasing the white blood corpuscle which helps in fighting against infectious diseases.
- Ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help to increase immunity in our body. Drinking ginger tea every morning on an empty stomach can boost the immune system.
- Garlic – Garlic helps to boost the number of T cells of blood and thereby helps to boost the immune system. It has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that help the body to fight with infectious organisms. The pungent smell of garlic is enough to get rid of the common cold and flu.
- Turmeric – Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiseptic, and healing properties. It not only increases the immune system but also heals the wounds where the chances of infection are high.
- Broccoli – Broccoli contains phytochemicals such as glucobrassicin and carotenoids that help to boost the immune system. It also has vitamin C that is good for increasing immunity.
- Spinach – Green leafy vegetables mainly spinach has an abundance of vitamins like vitamin A, C, and E and minerals that help to fight with infectious diseases and also boost production of blood cells to increase immunity.
- Carrot – Carrot has antioxidant and inflammatory properties. It also contains vitamin C to increase immunity and thereby helps to cure seasonal flu.
- Raw Honey – Raw honey contains phytonutrients that help to boost the immune system. Eating one spoonful of raw honey every morning can be helpful to get rid of a heavy cough.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is a rich source of lactobacillus, a probiotic which is a helpful bacteria that help to boost the immune system.
- Egg – Egg contains a lot of amino acids and vitamins mainly vitamins A, B, and K that help to improve our immune system. It also contains zinc which helps to get rid of cough and cold.
These are the top foods to boost the immune system but these are not enough to get rid of infectious organisms. We have to take care of our health by paying attention to the serving sizes and removing the foods that can be harmful to our bodies. Apart from this, we have to drink lots of water as water is necessary to eliminate the toxic substances from our body.